Landeskog suspended 2 games for hit on Marchand
Marchand, too, was sanctioned by the NHL's Department of Player Safety. He incurred a $5,000 fine for his response - a straight punch to the face of Landeskog after the whistle had blown.
The NHL explained that Landeskog was banned for delivering a hit to the head from Marchand's blind side, but ruled there was no issue with the timing of the collision.
Landeskog will miss games Saturday in Montreal, and Tuesday in Toronto.
This is his first suspension, though he had been previously been fined.
- Hedman helps Lightning snap Bruins' 6-game winning streak
- Canucks sign Kuzmenko to 2-year extension with $5.5M AAV
- The Fisherman returns: The redemption story behind the Isles' throwback
- Backstrom's shootout winner lifts Capitals over Penguins
- Trade candidate Gostisbehere out 4-6 weeks with upper-body injury