Report: No hearing or suspension for Canadiens' Beaulieu
Beaulieu was assessed a match penalty in the dying seconds of the third period Saturday for a perceived attempt to injure.
All match penalties are reviewed by the NHL's Department of Player Safety, carrying a one-game suspension unless the league elects otherwise.
Given Rinaldo's history and the fact the game was out of reach, the Canadiens may have argued that Beaulieu was simply trying to protect himself.
- Penguins to start with Karlsson, Letang on top power-play unit
- Matthews willing to embrace bigger role on penalty kill
- Coyotes' Keller: Cooley's dazzling goal 'the best I've ever seen'
- Leafs' Robertson: 'I don't give a f--k' that my name isn't what it once was
- Stone eager to start Cup defense: 'I hope people write us off'