Blackhawks remain 2016 Stanley Cup favorites
If early betting odds are any inclination, the Chicago Blackhawks will hoist their fourth Stanley Cup in seven years in 2016.
According to oddsmakers at Bodog.ca, the Blackhawks have a 13/2 shot at repeating as Cup champs, ahead of the Ducks, Kings, Rangers, and Lightning - all tied at 10/1. The team is poised to capture the Western Conference, while the Rangers are expected to once again capture the Eastern Conference.
The company's previous predictions in June had the Blackhawks' odds to repeat as champs at 7/1, with the odds improving despite the departures of Patrick Sharp, Brandon Saad, and Johnny Oduya.
Here's the full list of odds:
|Los Angeles Kings||10/1|
|New York Rangers||10/1|
|Tampa Bay Lightning||10/1|
|St. Louis Blues||14/1|
|New York Islanders||22/1|
|Columbus Blue Jackets||25/1|
|Detroit Red Wings||28/1|
|San Jose Sharks||40/1|
|New Jersey Devils||75/1|
|Toronto Maple Leafs||100/1|
- Stone eager to start Cup defense: 'I hope people write us off'
- Bettman: Senators' best days are yet to come under Andlauer
- GM Armstrong: Keller 'might be the best Coyote ever' when his career ends
- Flyers' Sanheim addresses offseason trade rumors: 'It sucks'
- 15 attainable milestones, team records for the 2023-24 NHL season