Devils co-owner: Lou Lamoriello was unhappy, won't hire new president
The Lou Lamoriello era with the New Jersey Devils is over, and according to team co-owner Josh Harris, general manager Ray Shero won't be dealing with a new team president.
Lamoriello was officially hired as the Toronto Maple Leafs new general manager Thursday after spending 28 years with the Devils.
In Lamoriello's 28 seasons with the Devils, the franchise won three Stanley Cups and were one of the most dominant teams of the era.
- Leafs' Matthews out minimum 3 weeks with knee sprain
- Caufield: 'I'd still be playing' through shoulder injury if Habs were in playoff spot
- Devils GM looking to add top-6 winger under team control at trade deadline
- The Fisherman returns: The redemption story behind the Isles' throwback
- A radical remodel of local sports TV may come sooner than expected