Blackhawks' Bickell on trade rumors: 'I hope it's not me. I love this city, I want to be here for my career'
Bryan Bickell is not ready to begin next season with a team other than the Chicago Blackhawks.
The forward, who has been a topic of trade discussions, hopes to remain with the team next season.
With the Blackhawks having already traded Brandon Saad and Patrick Sharp in moves intended to help the franchise with cap restrictions, Bickell's $4-million cap hit could be reason enough for general manager Stan Bowman to consider moving him, especially if he wants to free up enough money to re-sign Marcus Kruger long term.
The 29-year-old Bickell scored 14 goals and added 14 assists in 80 games last season, and feels he's back to full health after removing an infected tooth causing him severe issues with vertigo.
- Penguins to start with Karlsson, Letang on top power-play unit
- Matthews willing to embrace bigger role on penalty kill
- Coyotes' Keller: Cooley's dazzling goal 'the best I've ever seen'
- Leafs' Robertson: 'I don't give a f--k' that my name isn't what it once was
- Stone eager to start Cup defense: 'I hope people write us off'