Blue Jackets playfully recruit American soccer hero Carli Lloyd
Carli Lloyd's first-half hat trick propelled the United States to its third Women's World Cup title Sunday, and one NHL team wondered if the American captain's soccer skills could translate to the ice.
Lloyd scored three times in the first 16 minutes of the match against Japan, leading the USA to a 5-2 victory and becoming the first player to register a hat trick in a Women's World Cup final.
- Penguins to start with Karlsson, Letang on top power-play unit
- Matthews willing to embrace bigger role on penalty kill
- Coyotes' Keller: Cooley's dazzling goal 'the best I've ever seen'
- Leafs' Robertson: 'I don't give a f--k' that my name isn't what it once was
- Stone eager to start Cup defense: 'I hope people write us off'