Stars, Klingberg agree to 7-year extension worth reported $29.75 million
Mike Kelly of the NHL Network reports that the deal is worth $29.75 million.
ESPN's Pierre LeBrun has more details concerning the deal.
The rookie defenseman recorded 11 goals and 29 assists in 65 games this season for a Stars squad that missed the postseason.
The 2010 fifth-round pick led all rookie defenseman in scoring with his 40 points and was also the top point-getter on the blue line for Dallas.
He was scheduled to become a restricted free agent on July 1.
- Lightning trade McDonagh to Predators for Myers, Mismash
- Jets officially name Rick Bowness head coach
- Boeser opens up about last season's struggles, eager to bounce back
- Jackets GM: Laine's contract status won't affect draft weekend plans
- Report: Flyers prospect detained for planning to evade military service