Report: Blues, Ducks, Canadiens showing interest in Oilers' Petry
The Blues are one of the teams most interested in acquiring Petry, according to Hockey Night in Canada's Elliotte Friedman. Other teams talking to Edmonton about the blue-liner include the Anaheim Ducks and the Montreal Canadiens.
St. Louis offers the most intriguing scenario, which involves disgruntled forward Vladimir Sobotka. Sobotka spent this season in the KHL after he was unable to reach an agreement with the Blues as a restricted free agent.
According to Friedman, Edmonton is looking for a center in return for Petry, which would make Sobotka a good fit. However, there's no guarantee he would leave the KHL to play for the Oilers.
- Penguins to start with Karlsson, Letang on top power-play unit
- Matthews willing to embrace bigger role on penalty kill
- Coyotes' Keller: Cooley's dazzling goal 'the best I've ever seen'
- Leafs' Robertson: 'I don't give a f--k' that my name isn't what it once was
- Stone eager to start Cup defense: 'I hope people write us off'