Wild set franchise record with 48 shots in 5-0 win vs. Avalanche
The Minnesota Wild made history in Thursday night's dismantling of the Colorado Avalanche.
The Wild didn't manage another shot after setting the record, but still outshot the Avalanche 48-16.
The Avalanche blocked nine Minnesota shots as the Wild posted a Corsi For percentage of 72.64.
The shot record wasn't the only franchise mark set by Minnesota. The five-goal disparity was the largest margin of victory in a Wild home and/or season opener.
Wild captain Zach Parise was diplomatic about the opponents' performance.
- Leafs' Robertson: 'I don't give a f--k' that my name isn't what it once was
- Coyotes' Keller: Cooley's dazzling goal 'the best I've ever seen'
- 15 attainable milestones, team records for the 2023-24 NHL season
- Stone eager to start Cup defense: 'I hope people write us off'
- GM Armstrong: Keller 'might be the best Coyote ever' when his career ends