Panthers' Gudas exits Game 2 loss after hit from Knights' Barbashev
Florida Panthers defenseman Radko Gudas wasn't able to return to Monday's 7-2 defeat after he absorbed a reverse hit from Vegas Golden Knights forward Ivan Barbashev in the opening period of Game 2.
Gudas went straight down the tunnel on the play. Barbashev wasn't penalized for the incident.
Florida head coach Paul Maurice had no updates on Gudas' status postgame, per team beat reporter Jameson Olive.
The Panthers entered the contest with 11 forwards and seven defensemen because Gudas was already banged up, according to Sportsnet's Elliotte Friedman. Blue-liner Casey Fitzgerald came into the lineup, replacing forward Zac Dalpe.
Prior to Monday's action, Gudas had three assists in 17 playoff games while leading all skaters with 79 hits.
- Carlsson, Ducks beat Avs to snap 8-game skid
- Report: Maple Leafs attempted to acquire Tanev, Zadorov from Flames
- Examining the Penguins' struggling power play, and other unexpected NHL trends
- theScore's 50 favorite moments of 2023: Mahomes, miracles, and a fiery escape
- Forsberg makes 39 saves, Senators shut out Kraken