Sharks sign Bonino to 2-year deal
The deal carries an average annual value of $2.05 million, reports TSN's Darren Dreger.
"Nick is a proven, veteran center who has been a winner at every level of hockey he has played," general manager Doug Wilson said. "His skill set is well-rounded, bringing a lot of intangibles to our club, and he has a knack for playing his best when it means the most."
Bonino, 33, spent last season with the Minnesota Wild. He totaled 10 goals and 16 assists in 55 games.
The veteran previously spent time with the Nashville Predators, Pittsburgh Penguins, Vancouver Canucks, and Anaheim Ducks. In 681 career games, he's managed 132 goals and 176 assists.
- Crosby hoping Ovechkin reaches Gretzky's goal record: 'It would be awesome'
- Sharks' Kane confident he'll be cleared in gambling investigation
- 'It could've been devastating': Maurice relieved to have stability on defense
- Five years ago, North America's young guns electrified the World Cup
- NHL projects 98% full vaccination rate among players before season