Tampa mayor: Lightning should lose Game 4 to win Cup at home
"What we would like is for the Lightning to take it a little bit easy, to give the Canadiens just the smallest break, allow them to win one at home, and then bring it back to Amalie Arena for the final and the winning of the Stanley Cup," Castor said.
"We don't want to get ahead of ourselves, but (the Lightning) are playing some amazing hockey," the mayor added.
The Lightning lead the series 3-0 and can win the Cup on Monday in Montreal. If necessary, Game 5 would be in Tampa, with a potential Game 6 in Quebec and the final contest back in Florida.
Relatives of Lightning personnel aren't allowed to enter Canada in time for a potential celebration if Tampa wins Game 4.
Last season, the Lightning claimed the Cup in the Edmonton bubble with only their Canadian relatives present. However, the team later held a championship celebration upon returning to Tampa.
- Carlsson, Ducks beat Avs to snap 8-game skid
- Report: Maple Leafs attempted to acquire Tanev, Zadorov from Flames
- Examining the Penguins' struggling power play, and other unexpected NHL trends
- theScore's 50 favorite moments of 2023: Mahomes, miracles, and a fiery escape
- Forsberg makes 39 saves, Senators shut out Kraken