Smith-Pelly, Duclair, Yakupov among notables to not receive qualifying offer
The NHL's 5 p.m. ET deadline to extend qualifying offers to restricted free agents came and went on Monday, and there were more than a handful of household names who weren't tendered.
As a reminder, a restricted free agent who doesn't receive a qualifying offer will become an unrestricted free agent on July 1 and will be free to sign with any team he chooses.
Here is a list of the most notable names:
The unrestricted-free-agent market just got a little deeper.
- Penguins to start with Karlsson, Letang on top power-play unit
- Matthews willing to embrace bigger role on penalty kill
- Coyotes' Keller: Cooley's dazzling goal 'the best I've ever seen'
- Leafs' Robertson: 'I don't give a f--k' that my name isn't what it once was
- Stone eager to start Cup defense: 'I hope people write us off'