Rangers' Pavelec out 2-3 weeks with sprained MCL
Pavelec has gone 4-7-1 with a .910 save percentage and a 3.01 goals-against average in his first season as a Ranger serving as Henrik Lundqvist's backup. He spent the previous 10 years of his career with the Atlanta Thrashers/Winnipeg Jets organization.
Fellow Czech native and former Nashville Predators netminder Marek Mazanec seems poised to get called up in Pavelec's absence. He's spent most of the season as Alexandar Georgiev's backup in the AHL, but his 31 games of NHL experience would seemingly give him the edge for the temporary role.
- Wild's Evason baffled after Leafs' Murray knocks net off moorings 3 times
- Bruins set NHL record with 12th straight home win to start season
- Karlsson's splashy resurgence, the Michkov conundrum, and hockey nicknames
- Moving on from D.J. Smith is Senators' only hope of saving season
- Burakovsky scores twice as Kraken get 1st-ever win over Golden Knights