Stars' Spezza to sit out Sunday with lower-body injury
The 33-year-old suffered a lower-body injury in the team's 3-2 loss against the Chicago Blakchawks on Saturday. After the game, head coach Lindy Ruff noted that Spezza will miss a little bit of time and will definitely be out for the second part of a home-and-home with the Blackhawks on Sunday, according to Mike Heika of the Dallas Morning News.
Spezza has had a questionable start to the season, managing just four goals and a single assist through nine games.
- Crosby hoping Ovechkin reaches Gretzky's goal record: 'It would be awesome'
- Sharks' Kane confident he'll be cleared in gambling investigation
- NHL projects 98% full vaccination rate among players before season
- Five years ago, North America's young guns electrified the World Cup
- Leafs-Sabres Heritage Classic confirmed for March 13