Report: Gurley visiting Ravens
The Baltimore Ravens could make a big-name addition to their backfield.
Baltimore already owns a stacked backfield that includes J.K. Dobbins, Gus Edwards, and Justice Hill. The Lamar Jackson-led offense has topped the NFL in rushing attempts in each of the last two seasons, with the star quarterback producing back-to-back 1,000-yard rushing campaigns.
Gurley, a Baltimore native, spent the 2020 season with the Atlanta Falcons after five years with the Los Angeles Rams, during which he was considered one of the best running backs in the league.
But the 26-year-old's rapid decline in production continued in Atlanta. He rushed for just 678 yards on 195 carries (3.5 average) and had a career-low 164 receiving yards, though he did rack up nine touchdowns on the ground.
Gurley led the NFL in rushing touchdowns in 2017 and 2018 and was named a first-team All-Pro in both seasons. He also took home the Offensive Player of the Year award in 2017.
In March 2020, the Rams released Gurley - who reportedly has arthritis in his left knee - less than two years after signing him to a four-year, $60-million contract extension.
- Rodgers, Adams fuel speculation over future with 'Last Dance' posts
- Prescott 'definitely' wants to play in preseason
- Every NFC team's most intriguing position battle in training camp
- Report: Vikings, Patriots assistants won't coach due to vaccine mandate
- Report: Davante Adams, Packers break off extension talks