VIDEO: Tom Wilson knocks Nikita Zadorov out of game with crushing hit
Tom Wilson has taken another victim.
The Washington Capitals bruiser knocked defender Nikita Zadorov out of Friday's game with a crushing open-ice hit behind the Colorado Avalanche net. There's some debate as to whether or not the hit was clean, but while Wilson had speed, and the blow appeared somewhat predatory, he didn't pick up his feet or target the defender's head. In fact, he appeared to adjust his path, leaning down, to avoid such contact.
Zadorov stayed down for several moments, but was able to glide off the ice under his own power. The Avalanche later confirmed he suffered a head injury.
- Edwards calls out T-Wolves after loss to Pelicans: 'Lock the f--- in'
- Merzlikins unfazed by fan's taunts over Kivlenieks' death: 'I believe in karma'
- Saints grind out MNF win, drop Seahawks to 2-5
- Blues off to franchise-best start as Husso blanks Kings
- Andersen stops former team, undefeated Hurricanes beat Leafs