Islanders' Conacher clears waivers, assigned to AHL
After appearing in 141 NHL games with four different teams, Cory Conacher is heading back to the AHL.
The New York Islanders forward cleared waivers Saturday and was loaned to their AHL affiliate in Bridgeport. He has three points in 15 games with New York after recording 26 points in 79 games with the Ottawa Senators and Buffalo Sabres last season.
Conacher was an AHL All-Star in 2012, leading the Norfolk Admirals to a Calder Cup championship after recording a team-high 39 goals and 80 points during the regular season. He has 114 points in 118 AHL appearances, but has not played in the league since the end of the last NHL lockout.
- Report: Scherzer expected to pick next team before CBA expires
- Report: Stafford dealing with ankle, throwing arm, back injuries
- Report: Celtics' Kanter changing name to Enes Kanter Freedom
- Report: Rays land Kluber on 1-year, $8M deal
- Report: Michigan State's Tucker drew NFL interest before inking extension