Parise on booing fans: 'You want us to score 4 power-play goals and lose?'
The Wild went 0-for-5 on the power play in the game, including an unsuccessful five-minute advantage when Canadiens forward Eric Tangradi was given a major penalty and a game misconduct in the third period.
Fans booed the Wild during the lackluster power play, despite the fact that Minnesota led 2-0 at the time.
"We won the game," Parise said afterwards, according to Michael Russo of the Star Tribune. "You want us to score four power-play goals and lose? We beat arguably the best team in the East."
While the Canadiens aren't exactly the best team in the Eastern Conference (the Tampa Bay Lightning, Pittsburgh Penguins and New York Islanders would like a word) the Wild improved to 14-9-1 and 7-2-1 in their last 10 games.
- Report: Red Sox agree to 5-year, $90M deal with Japanese star Masataka Yoshida
- Fantasy Podcast: 5 underrated players to trust down the stretch
- Ex-Bills P Araiza won't be charged after gang rape allegation
- Panthers' Anderson hoping to return after 'minor stroke'
- Nats take Thad Ward with 1st pick of Rule 5 Draft, 15 players selected