Yakupov excited to join Blues: 'I don't know what winning is'
For Nail Yakupov, it wasn't a case of if he'd be traded, but where he'd be dealt.
Related: Oilers trade Yakupov to Blues
"I think it's a good thing for me," Yakupov said. "I was expecting something. I didn't expect it was going to be St. Louis."
For Yakupov - who hasn't eclipsed the 17-goal mark he reached in his rookie campaign - he feels a change of scenery could be just what he needs, especially leaving a team that seldom won hockey games.
"This is first time I've played on (a) really, really good team," Yakupov said, according to Tom Timmermann of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch. "I think it's awesome, I don't know what winning is."
The forward added, "It's going to be a great move for me and I get to play with one of the best teams in the league. I'm looking forward to it."
Yakupov has amassed 50 goals and 111 points in 252 career games.
- Turner agrees to 2-year, $60M extension with Pacers
- Twins, fans enjoy Correa jolt as spring training nears
- Burrow unsurprised by consecutive AFC title game appearances: 'Winning is expected'
- Blue Jackets claim Pederson off waivers from Canucks
- Report: Rays, Yandy Diaz closing in on 3-year, $24M extension