Spurs' Duncan, Ginobili to rest Friday vs. Nuggets
Tim Duncan and Manu Ginobili did not accompany the team to Denver, as they'll be staying in San Antonio to rest up.
The Spurs will be in action the following night at home against the 10-7 Atlanta Hawks. With the Nuggets having lost their last four games, it's easy to justify San Antonio sitting its veterans against a weaker team on the first night of a back-to-back.
Duncan, 39, has played all 15 games for the 12-3 Spurs to begin the 2015-16 regular season, averaging 10 points and 8.2 rebounds on 52.3 percent shooting.
Ginobili has already missed three games with hip and thigh injuries. The 38-year-old Argentinian guard is averaging 11.4 points, 3.6 rebounds, and 3.3 assists in 21.3 minutes per game.
- Wembanyama to miss 1st career game
- NBA Podcast: NBA Cup check-in, league's most confusing teams
- LeBron would skip Lakers game to watch Bronny's USC debut
- 'Our guys wanna win that Cup:' In-Season Tournament (mostly) a slam dunk
- theScore's 50 favorite moments of 2023: Mahomes, miracles, and a fiery escape