Report: Doncic day-to-day after spraining ankle, out Saturday vs. Jazz
Dallas Mavericks star Luka Doncic sustained a mild sprain to his left ankle Thursday against the Phoenix Suns and will be listed as day-to-day, sources told ESPN's Adrian Wojnarowski.
The team ruled Doncic out ahead of its next game on Saturday against the Utah Jazz.
Doncic played roughly three minutes in the 99-95 win before bowing out with the injury. The newly-minted 2023 All-Star starter rolled his left ankle as he turned in the post against Suns forward Cam Johnson before limping to the locker room.
After Dallas plays on the road in Utah, it returns home to face the Detroit Pistons on Monday. The Mavs then don't play again until Thursday, when they host the New Orleans Pelicans.
The Slovenian narrowly trails only Joel Embiid in the NBA's scoring race. Doncic, who didn't register a point before exiting against Phoenix, is now averaging 33 points on the season, while Embiid is at 33.4 points per game.
- Malone: Nuggets face 'biggest challenge of our lives' vs. Heat
- Bob Myers steps down from Warriors: 'It's just time'
- Joel Embiid will ultimately decide Nick Nurse's fate in Philly
- Tatum: I was a 'shell of myself' after hurting ankle in Game 7 loss
- NBA releases Finals schedule ahead of Nuggets-Heat series