LeBron clears protocols, available to return Friday vs. Clippers
James was placed in protocol Tuesday after testing positive for COVID-19 but has since been cleared to return to the lineup following two negative PCR tests taken 24 hours apart.
Individuals who test positive have two paths to clear protocols: wait at least 10 days after the initial positive test result or the onset of symptoms, or return two negative tests at least 24 hours apart.
The four-time NBA MVP returned a false positive while in Sacramento, and he was ruled out for Tuesday's win over the Kings, according to ESPN's Dave McMenamin.
James admitted prior to the season that he received the COVID-19 vaccine after initially having reservations about it.
The 36-year-old is averaging 25.8 points, 6.8 assists, 5.2 rebounds in 36.9 minutes per game this campaign for the 12-11 Lakers.
L.A. is looking to win its third straight contest Friday, which would match the team's longest streak of the 2021-22 campaign.
- Report: Rockets open to Westbrook-Wall swap if Lakers include 1st-rounder
- Bulls coach Donovan rips Bucks' Allen after flagrant-2 foul
- Harden's triple-double powers Nets past Spurs
- NBA weekend best bets: Warriors, Cavs will bounce back vs. weak foes
- Jaren Jackson's defensive leap is powering the Grizzlies' rise