Report: Wizards add Dinwiddie on 3-year, $62M deal in 5-team sign-and-trade
Washington is reportedly sending Brooklyn a second-round selection, as well the right to swap future draft picks.
The Wizards are also trading wing Chandler Hutchison and a 2022 second-round pick to the San Antonio Spurs, reports ESPN's Adrian Wojnarowski. The trade reportedly includes five teams, with the Los Angeles Lakers and Indiana Pacers also involved.
Trading Hutchison allows Washington to get under the luxury-tax threshold after adding Dinwiddie, according to ESPN's Bobby Marks.
Dinwiddie played just three games last season due to a partial ACL tear he suffered in December. The 28-year-old registered 20.6 points, 6.8 assists, and 3.5 rebounds in 64 games (49 starts) for the Nets in 2019-20.
He appeared to confirm the reported trade shortly after news broke:
- Report: Simmons shuts down 76ers teammates' trip to visit him
- Wizards' Hachimura excused from start of camp for personal reasons
- Clippers president: 'No one knows' when Kawhi will return from injury
- Wiggins denied religious exemption for COVID-19 vaccine, can't play at home
- Love: Getting called out for making Olympic team was 'wrong in so many ways'