Thousands petition for LeBron to be hired as U.S. Secretary of Education
A new online petition is calling for LeBron James to replace Betsy DeVos as U.S. Secretary of Education.
The Care2 petition, addressed to President Donald Trump, has received over 10,000 signatures as of Thursday morning.
"LeBron James is an inspiration to kids all over the country," the petition reads. "He's shown he cares about America's youth and understands the power of public education in helping children meet their true potential."
The petition also highlights James' I Promise School, which opened in Akron, Ohio last week. The school will provide education and support to approximately 240 at-risk third- and fourth-graders and their families.
The fan who launched the petition acknowledges it's unlikely James will give up his basketball career, but says "it's worth a try."
- Doncic leaves matchup vs. Suns with ankle sprain
- Captains LeBron, Giannis highlight 2023 All-Star Game starters
- Randle scores 37, Knicks rally to beat Celtics in OT
- Trends to watch: The delicate balance between interior and 3-point defense
- A radical remodel of local sports TV may come sooner than expected