Redick says he was 'very close' to signing with Pacers in free agency
"I almost signed with Indy, I mean I was an hour away, two hours away," Redick said on the most recent edition of his podcast. "I was very close, I had a 5 p.m. deadline and it was basically 12:30-1 o'clock in the afternoon when Philly changed the offer."
"You know they ended up getting Tyreke, and he's a fantastic player," Redick said.
The 12-year vet was a crucial piece alongside Ben Simmons and Joel Embiid during Philadelphia's unexpected run to the Eastern Conference semi-finals. He should play a similar role during the 2018-19 season after averaging 17.1 points per game on 46 percent shooting from the floor, and 42 percent from 3-point range last year.
- Report: Blazers flip Holiday to Celtics for package including Williams, Brogdon
- Report: Bucks signing Cam Payne to 1-year deal
- Draymond expects to miss 4-6 weeks with ankle sprain
- Kai Jones to miss Hornets camp, will be away from team indefinitely
- Hardaway 'didn't know' if he'd still be on Mavs after last season's meltdown