Redick says he was 'very close' to signing with Pacers in free agency
"I almost signed with Indy, I mean I was an hour away, two hours away," Redick said on the most recent edition of his podcast. "I was very close, I had a 5 p.m. deadline and it was basically 12:30-1 o'clock in the afternoon when Philly changed the offer."
"You know they ended up getting Tyreke, and he's a fantastic player," Redick said.
The 12-year vet was a crucial piece alongside Ben Simmons and Joel Embiid during Philadelphia's unexpected run to the Eastern Conference semi-finals. He should play a similar role during the 2018-19 season after averaging 17.1 points per game on 46 percent shooting from the floor, and 42 percent from 3-point range last year.
- Hornets hire Clifford for 2nd stint as head coach
- The 5 most interesting storylines from the NBA's 2022 draft
- Magic select Paolo Banchero with No. 1 pick in NBA draft
- Report: Duren, Kemba heading to Pistons in 3-way deal with Knicks, Hornets
- Undrafted Free-Agent Tracker: Follow signings after 2022 NBA Draft