Rockets will offer fans $1 beer for Game 5 vs. OKC
It's about to get very loud and very sloppy in Toyota Center in a potential closeout game against the Oklahoma City Thunder on Tuesday.
Houston Rockets CEO Tad Brown announced that the Rockets will offer $1 food and beverages for fans in attendance. That includes beer, hot dogs, nachos, and soda - all for just a dollar.
On one hand, it's a wonderful gesture. Most teams cash in on expensive concession purchases during playoff games, but the Rockets are instead focused on providing a fan-friendly experience.
On the other hand, selling $1 beers at an emotionally charged event with 20,000 rowdy fans in attendance could go wrong very, very quickly.
- Westbrook chides Bazley for dunk: 'Certain things you just don't do'
- VanVleet leads Raptors past Pacers for 1st win in Toronto in 20 months
- Report: Embiid playing through injury to make up for Simmons' absence
- Report: LaVine has ligament tear in non-shooting hand, won't miss time
- NBA Podcast: Observations from first week of the season