UFC lightweight champion Khabib Nurmagomedov has seemingly opened the door to a rematch with Conor McGregor - under one condition.
"Let him come back (and) defeat Dustin Poirier, then we will fight with him - no problem," Nurmagomedov said Friday, according to MMA Junkie's Simon Head.
"The Eagle" recorded his first title defense against McGregor in October 2018, earning a submission win at UFC 229. Since then, running it back with the former two-division champion hasn't been on Nurmagomedov's to-do list, apparently even turning down a potential $100-million payday.
He said last year that McGregor wouldn't deserve a rematch unless the Irishman won 10 fights in a row. McGregor is only 1-0 since his loss to Nurmagomedov. "Notorious" beat Donald Cerrone in January but announced his retirement earlier this summer and isn't expected to return to the Octagon in 2020.
McGregor has fought Poirier before, knocking him out at UFC 178 in September 2014. Poirier, a former interim champion and the current No. 2 lightweight, is coming off a "Fight of the Year" candidate against Dan Hooker in June, which he won via unanimous decision.
Nurmagomedov is scheduled to defend his belt against current interim titleholder Justin Gaethje at UFC 254 on Oct. 24.