Myspace founder offers to pay Giants to re-sign Lincecum
Tim Lincecum still has some fans in San Francisco that would like to see him make a return to the Giants, and one of them is willing to offer some of his millions to make it happen.
Myspace founder - and everyone's first friend on the website - Tom Anderson wants to see "The Freak" stay in the Bay Area.
Lincecum, who plans to hold a showcase for clubs in the first two weeks of February, has lost some of the luster and effectiveness he once used to win back-to-back Cy Young awards. He made just 15 starts for the Giants last season, and posted a 4.13 ERA.
The 31-year-old required surgery last September to repair a torn labrum in his left hip.
- Reynolds: Pirates can use Cubs manager Ross' comments as 'motivation'
- Freeman chases history, Rays' real estate choice, and 7 more observations
- Alcantara has setback after experiencing forearm tightness in rehab start
- Left-handed hitters describe the craft of hitting lefty pitching
- MLB to use neutral pitch-clock operators for postseason games