Blue Jays place Bichette on IL with quad strain
The Toronto Blue Jays placed All-Star shortstop Bo Bichette on the 10-day injured list with a right quad strain, the club announced Tuesday.
Bichette was removed from Sunday's game against the Cleveland Guardians with right quad tightness.
Infielder Mason McCoy was recalled from Triple-A Buffalo in a corresponding roster move.
Bichette missed nearly three weeks of action earlier in August with right patellar tendinitis. The 25-year-old had eight hits across 35 at-bats over eight games after returning from his previous IL stint.
McCoy was acquired in a trade with the Seattle Mariners for reliever Trent Thornton. The 28-year-old can play shortstop, third base, and second base. He owns a .572 OPS with one home run and nine RBIs in 21 games since joining Toronto's Triple-A affiliate.
- Kiké Hernández suggests teams colluded 'with a capital C' in free agency
- Pirates' Skenes retires Orioles' Holliday in matchup of top picks
- Ohtani says he's married and his bride is Japanese
- Report: Snell willing to sign short-term deal with opt-outs
- Union head Clark hopeful uniforms will be altered following complaints