Hendriks not buying Donaldson's apology: That statement was 'complete bullshit'
"Usually you have inside jokes with people you get along with, not people who don't get along at all," Hendriks said Sunday, according to Daryl Van Schouwen of the Chicago Sun-Times. "So that statement right there was complete bullshit."
Hendriks was a teammate of Donaldson with the Toronto Blue Jays in 2015 and is on the record as not being a fan of the former American League MVP.
"My feelings towards the individual in question are pretty well documented," Hendriks added. "The fact we don't get along and the fact that I've now spoken to I think it's four separate clubhouses that he's been into and as a whole none of them have gotten along."
Hendriks said last July that although he respects Donaldson's on-field ability, he didn't enjoy him as a teammate.
"I am not a Donaldson fan. On the field, one of the greatest. You want him on the team behind you," Hendriks said. "But I saw behind the curtain too much, and I'm not a fan."
The White Sox and Yankees conclude their weekend series with a doubleheader on Sunday.
- Angels, Mariners brawl after Wantz throws at Rodriguez, Winker
- Kershaw: I hope Dodgers aren't 'second fiddle' for Freeman
- Going big: Aaron Judge's bet on himself is risky because he stands alone
- Cardinals' Flaherty exits with stiff shoulder in 3rd start since return
- Peacock to stream Royals-Tigers game without announcers