Rockies, D-Backs schedule March exhibition games in Las Vegas
DENVER (AP) — The Colorado Rockies have announced the dates of two exhibition games in Las Vegas against Arizona, an increasingly unlikely event given spring training is threatened by Major League Baseball's lockout.
The Rockies said Friday the games are scheduled for March 18 and 19 at the home of Oakland's Triple-A Las Vegas Aviators.
MLB locked out players Dec. 2 following the expiration of the sport's collective bargaining agreement. Negotiations on core economics broke off until Thursday, when MLB made a new offer that resulted in little evident progress.
Signings and trades have been halted, and spring training will not start as scheduled on Feb. 16 unless there is an agreement.
More AP MLB coverage: https://apnews.com/hub/MLB and https://twitter.com/AP_Sports
- Orioles win division for 1st time since 2014, clinch AL's top seed
- Harper rips Ángel Hernández after ejection: I'll 'get fined for being right'
- Prodigy realized: All that's left for Bryce Harper is to win a World Series
- Report: MLB investigating Neris for allegedly directing homophobic slur at J-Rod
- Marlins rally in 9th inning over Mets before rain causes suspension