Carrasco has elbow surgery to remove bone fragment
Carrasco will resume baseball activities later this winter.
The 34-year-old struggled during an injury-shortened first season with the Mets following a blockbuster trade from the Cleveland Indians alongside Francisco Lindor. The veteran hurler posted a 6.04 ERA over 53 2/3 innings (12 starts) with New York.
Carrasco owns a career 3.86 ERA with 1,355 strikeouts in 1,296 innings across 12 years between the Mets and Indians.
- Minoso, Hodges, O'Neil among 6 new inductees to Baseball Hall of Fame
- Manfred's letter should be call for players to dig in
- Report: Blue Jays, Red Sox, Yankees pursuing Seiya Suzuki
- Report: Galvis close to deal with Japan's Fukuoka SoftBank Hawks
- Daisuke Matsuzaka surprised by Ichiro during retirement ceremony