Bregman leaves game with strained quadriceps
HOUSTON (AP) — Astros third baseman Alex Bregman left a game Wednesday night against the Texas Rangers with a strained left quadriceps.
Bregman was injured in the first inning while running to first base when he grounded into a double play. He pulled up a few steps before first base and hobbled off the field after the play before heading to the clubhouse.
He was replaced by Robel García to start the second inning.
Bregman is hitting .275 with seven homers and 34 RBIs this season.
More AP MLB: https://apnews.com/hub/MLB and https://twitter.com/AP_Sports
- Angels reverse course, tab Ohtani to start Sunday vs. A's
- Rockies' Hilliard hits emotional HR days after father's death
- Report: MLB mandating vaccines for non-playing personnel on playoff teams
- The Brewer Way: How Milwaukee became a World Series contender
- Twins thump Ryu, drop Blue Jays out of playoff spot