Report: Colon to make Twins debut Tuesday vs. Yankees
Bartolo Colon wasn't out of the big leagues for long.
Colon was signed to a minor-league deal by the Twins last week after he was released by the Atlanta Braves on July 6.
The veteran and owner of a 2005 Cy Young award was 2-8 with an 8.14 ERA prior to his release.
He made one start for the Twins' Triple-A affiliate in Rochester this past Thursday, allowing four earned runs in 3 2/3 innings, while striking out five.
Over the course of his 20-year career in the show, the four-time All-Star owns a 235-170 record with a 4.02 ERA and 1.31 WHIP across 522 appearances, 513 of which have been starts.
- Report: Soto turned down Nats' 2nd mega-offer exceeding $350M
- Astros beat Yankees again thanks to Bregman's 2-run double
- All-Star finalists revealed: Judge, Acuna get starting spots, 6 Blue Jays advance
- Report: Mets among teams eyeing Orioles' Mancini
- Red Sox reliever made two changes to go from mediocre to elite