Watch: Ichiro passes Jeter for most hits in interleague play
Ichiro Suzuki's never-ending penchant for putting his bat on the ball has landed him in the record books again.
The Miami Marlins veteran recorded his 365th hit in interleague play - a tricky, dribbling infield single, in true Ichiro fashion - on Wednesday against the Oakland Athletics, vaulting him past New York Yankees legend Derek Jeter all time.
Ichiro's latest hitting record comes one season after the Japanese outfielder became the 30th player in MLB history to record 3,000 hits in the majors.
- Pirates hurt Reds' wild-card chances with historic win after trailing by 9 runs
- Kershaw beats Giants, overtakes Drysdale for 2nd in Dodgers wins
- Bregman laments 'terrible' play as Astros lose again to Royals
- Rangers get 7 scoreless innings from Montgomery in big win over Mariners
- Means flirts with no-no in 3rd start back after Tommy John, O's beat Guardians