Frosinone goalkeeper Turati given 1-match blasphemy ban
Frosinone goalkeeper Stefano Turati was on Tuesday handed a one-match ban for blasphemy after being caught on TV during his team's weekend loss to Napoli.
In a statement, Serie A said that Turati had been suspended for "making a blasphemous expression in the 15th minute" of Saturday's 3-1 defeat.
Serie A said that Turati had been punished following analysis of television footage by prosecutors at the Italian Football Federation (FIGC).
The 21-year-old was "clearly filmed by the TV cameras uttering a blasphemous expression which was audible and identifiable without any margin of reasonable doubt".
An under-21 international, Turati will now miss promoted Frosinone's next league fixture, at home against Atalanta.
Turati is not the first player to fall foul of the FIGC's anti-blasphemy laws, goalkeeping icon Gianluigi Buffon suffering the same punishment in March 2021 after being caught being foul-mouthed with Juventus teammate Manolo Portanova.
HEADLINES
- Report: Rays, Angels seriously discussed Ohtani trade in 2023
- Cubs' Crow-Armstrong calls errors in last 2 games 'genuinely laughable'
- Wemby disappointed after Game 2 loss despite another brilliant stat line
- Yesavage outduels Schlittler, Blue Jays top Yankees
- Golden Knights hold off Avs to take Western Conference Final opener