Cosmi replaces Stroppa as manager of struggling Crotone
Rome, March 1, 2021 (AFP) - Serie A's bottom side Crotone have sacked coach Giovanni Stroppa and appointed Serse Cosmi as his replacement, the Calabrian club announced on Monday.
Sunday's 2-0 defeat against Cagliari was their sixth in succession and leaves them eight points behind Torino who are one place outside the relegation zone.
Crotone have won just three matches from 24 in Serie A this season.
Stroppa, who has been in charge since 2018, gave Crotone their second promotion to the top flight when they finished second in Serie B last season.
"It is the end of a beautiful and intense journey which lasted nearly three years," said the announcement on the club's website.
The club later said that the 62-year-old Cosmi, a former Udinese, Genoa and Brescia coach, would take over as boss.
Cosmi's last job was a short stint with Perugia last year.
Crotone visit Atalanta on Wednesday.
HEADLINES
- Smith-Njigba received OPOY trophy with 'disrespectful' mistakes
- Report: NHL denies Golden Knights' appeal for media violations
- Ruff: Sabres' playoff run 'a giant step for us'
- Stanley Cup odds: Could Canadiens or Golden Knights pull off an upset?
- SGA laments performance in Game 1 loss to Spurs: 'I have to be better'