Ronaldo leaves Portugal practice early with ice pack on knee
This is not a good sign. Cristiano Ronaldo was thought to be on the road to recovery from his tendinitis in time for the World Cup, but he left Portugal's Thursday practice early and was seen with an ice pack on his left knee. According to reports, he only lasted about 15 to 20 minutes.
Ronaldo played in Portugal's friendly against Ireland on Tuesday - a 5-1 victory - which was his first game since the Champions League final. He has been struggling with injuries in his left leg but was cleared to return to training.
- Ticketless fans nearly caused death at Euro 2020 final, review finds
- Messi edges Lewandowski to capture record 7th Ballon d'Or
- USMNT and Canada get boost, learn opponent for potential WCQ playoff
- WCQ playoff draw: Either Italy or Portugal won't reach World Cup
- Blatter quizzed over Qatar 2022 World Cup vote