Former Sky star Vandersloot signs with Liberty
The 33-year-old spent her first 12 seasons in the league with the Chicago Sky.
Vandersloot ranks third all time in assists with 2,385 and led the league in assists per game for five straight seasons from 2017-21. She holds the five highest marks in WNBA history for assists per game in a season.
The point guard joins fellow offseason acquisition Breanna Stewart on a revamped New York squad with eyes set on a championship. The two are currently teammates on Turkish side Fenerbahce.
Stewart will take substantially less money in order to make the Liberty's addition of Vandersloot work with the league's salary cap, sources told ESPN's Ramona Shelburne.
The Liberty went 16-20 last year and have a combined record of 47-11 over the previous five seasons. The franchise has never won a WNBA title, having lost in the Finals four times between 1997 and 2002.
- Report: Warriors finalizing deal to bring WNBA team to Bay Area
- Wilson, Aces push Wings to brink of elimination with Game 2 win
- Balanced offensive attack helps Liberty even series with Sun
- Liberty's Breanna Stewart wins second career WNBA MVP award
- Wilson scores 34, leads Aces past Wings in semifinals opener