Watch: Branch vows to beat Rockhold 'like he stole something' after slight
Warning: Video contains course language
After reeling off 11 straight pro wins, David Branch does not appreciate being disrespected by his next opponent Luke Rockhold.
Rockhold appeared on "The MMA Hour" on Monday and hinted that he doesn't feel like Branch has a ton of confidence, while also insinuating that being a former middleweight champion, a bout with a fighter ranked so low is below him.
I've tried to get everybody I could possibly think about to get a fight that really got me up, but no one would take a fight. And now we've come down to David Branch (who) was the only guy in the top 10 that would take a fight. From June to July to August to September, and it's time.
Branch, however, didn't take kindly to those words, responding Monday on Twitter by calling Rockhold "stupid" for signing on to get in the Octagon with him.
"Man, you cold frontin'," Branch said. "I'm gonna beat you like you stole something."
Rockhold quickly offered a rebuttal, but chose to poke fun at Branch's attire in the video rather than his actual remarks.
Branch is the ninth-ranked UFC middleweight after just one fight with the promotion. Judging by the video above, he expects to climb those rankings on Sept. 16 at UFC Fight Night 116.
- The Hall of Fame's perpetual rejection of Alexander Mogilny must be rectified
- Blue Jays' Gausman dominates to end win streak by Red Sox
- Report: Wall plans to sign with Clippers after Rockets buyout
- Nevin gets 10-game ban, 11 others from Angels-M's brawl suspended
- Giants' Thibodeaux 'fully healthy' after dealing with minor hip injury