Mercer matches best score in 110-43 win over Toccoa Falls
MERCER, Ga. (AP) R'ian Holland dropped in four 3-pointers, scored 16 points, and all 13 players scored as Mercer raced away from Toccoa Falls 110-43 on Sunday, matching a school-record high for points scored.
Toccoa Falls, which competes in the National Christian College Athletic Association's Division II, was coming off a 101-point loss Saturday at Appalachian State (135-34).
Demetre Rivers and Ethan Stair each scored 12 points for Mercer (1-1), Ryan Johnson scored 11 and the Bears closed on a 44-12 run over the final 16:27. Mercer shot 56 percent, made 12 3-pointers and scored 42 points off 29 Toccoa turnovers.
Mason Green took a bounce pass from Jaylen Stowe and powered down the lane for a two-handed dunk that matched the school-record 110 points. The Bears made a school-record 28 assists, Marcus Cohen leading with seven.
Kevin Cave led Toccoa Falls with 14 points.
Mercer is the preseason favorite in the Southern Conference with all five starters returning from last season.
- Rangers top Angels for 6th straight win to maintain AL West lead
- Webb leads Giants past Padres as Snell makes final push for NL Cy Young
- Verlander silences Mariners as Astros extend lead for final wild-card spot
- Bengals top Rams in Super Bowl LVI rematch for 1st win of season
- Hurts, Swift power Eagles to win over Buccaneers on MNF