Maignan suffers new calf injury in Milan training
Milan, Oct 19, 2022 (AFP) - France international Mike Maignan will be out for at least another 10 days after suffering a new calf injury, AC Milan said on Wednesday.
Goalkeeper Maignan was preparing to make his Milan return after picking up the same injury on international duty last month, meaning he missed both Champions League meetings with Chelsea.
But Milan said the 27-year-old injured his soleus muscle in training on Wednesday and that he would be reassessed in 10 days' time.
He will miss at the very least the next two rounds of Serie A fixtures and Milan's Champions League trip to Dinamo Zagreb on Tuesday.
Maignan deputises for Hugo Lloris for Les Bleus and was expected to be picked in Didier Deschamps' squad heading to Qatar next month as defending world champions.
Deschamps, who will name his squad for the tournament on November 9, has already lost midfielder N'Golo Kante who on Tuesday was ruled out for four months with a hamstring injury.
He is also sweating on the condition of Paul Pogba, who has not played a single match for Juventus since resigning from the Italian club after injuring his knee in the summer.
Midfielder Pogba, who is embroiled in a blackmail plot, returned to partial training on Tuesday and could be back in action by the end of the month.
- TNF best bets: Seahawks, Cowboys meet while heading in opposite directions
- California police investigating Thunder's Giddey for alleged relationship with minor
- Vilardi miffed with former teammate Lizotte after injury: 'It's a stupid play'
- Kane aiming to make Red Wings debut in next 7-10 days
- Blue Jays priced as 2nd betting favorite to sign Ohtani