Browns name Kizer starter vs. Vikings
The Cleveland Browns have opted for some level of continuity at the quarterback position, naming rookie DeShone Kizer the starter for their Week 8 game against the Minnesota Vikings in London, England, on Sunday.
Kizer was benched two weeks ago for turnovers and ineffective play, but was back in the starter's role last week against the Tennessee Titans. However, he was replaced in the third quarter by Cody Kessler in a game the Browns went on to lose 12-9 in overtime to remain winless.
Kizer was also criticized by head coach Hue Jackson for staying out late last Friday night.
The rookie leads the league in interceptions with 11 and continues to make poor decisions in the red zone. Yet, the Browns chose against reinserting Kevin Hogan, who started in Week 6 in place of Kizer, or giving the job to Kessler, who went 10-of-19 passing for 121 yards and an interception after taking over against Tennessee.
- Jalen Smereck to sit out until UHL bans player who made racist gesture
- LeBron: Getting vaccinated was best choice for me and my family, friends
- Syndergaard to make 1st start in nearly 2 years vs. Marlins
- Tomlin not pushing panic button with Steelers at 1-2
- NFL Week 4 survivor picks: Buffalo or bust in a week primed for upsets