Main ramp collapses at Rio 2016 sailing venue
RIO DE JANEIRO - The main ramp of Marina da Gloria, the sailing venue of the Rio de Janeiro Olympics, partially collapsed on Saturday.
No one was injured, organizers said, in another incident that raises questions about the quality of construction in the Olympic host city.
The Rio Games organizing committee placed the blame on strong winds. The collapsed structure, which is temporary, is the main access point for boats to reach the water.
Sailing competitions begin Aug. 8.
In another incident caused by strong winds in Rio, water invaded TV studios on Copacabana Beach near the volleyball arena.
Iron boards were used to contain the waves.
- Pelicans pull away from Kings to secure In-Season Tournament semifinal berth
- Browning steals spotlight as Bengals stun Jaguars with OT win on MNF
- Coyotes hammer Capitals to complete 5-game win streak vs. recent champs
- Brossoit's 42-save effort propels Jets to victory over Hurricanes
- Jaguars' Lawrence exits with reported ankle sprain in OT loss to Bengals