Coyotes' Lindback likely out for season with Achilles injury
Anders Lindback's season appears to be over.
The Arizona Coyotes goaltender is out indefinitely due to an Achilles injury, and general manager Don Maloney told reporters it's fair to say Lindback will miss the rest of the season, according to Arizona Sports 98.7 FM's Craig Morgan.
Lindback suffered the injury warming up for Monday's game and hasn't played since allowing five goals in a 5-2 loss to the Anaheim Ducks on Feb. 5.
Maloney said more tests are planned and surgery is likely. Lindback went 5-7-1 with a 3.11 GAA and .894 save percentage in 19 games.
The Coyotes recalled goaltender Niklas Treutle from the AHL's Springfield Falcons on Tuesday.
Nathan Schoenfeld, the bank employee who served as Arizona's emergency backup Monday night, practiced with the Coyotes on Tuesday.
- Latvia stuns USA in overtime to win bronze at Worlds
- Dellandrea's late pair helps Stars stun Golden Knights, force Game 6
- 'Golden Misfits' as valuable as ever, 2023 draft FAQ, and 4 other NHL items
- Germany shocks U.S. to set up gold-medal clash with Canada at Worlds
- Canada heads to gold-medal game with comeback win vs. Latvia at Worlds