VIDEO: Hurricanes PA man scores in alumni game, takes mic to announce his goal
Talk about multi-tasking.
Carolina Hurricanes public address announcer Wade Minter couldn't help but do his job after scoring in the team's alumni game Sunday.
Minter redirected a pass by former Hurricanes defenseman Glen Wesley, then made a beeline for the announcing booth to make it official.
Minter's moment was executed perfectly, but it almost didn't go as planned.
When all was said and done, it proved to be a moment he'll likely never forget.
The alumni game also included Rod Brind'Amour, Ray Whitney, Doug Weight, Erik Cole, and Mike Commodore, among others. The Hurricanes spent the weekend celebrating their 2006 Stanley Cup championship.
- Keefe: Leafs were 'soft and purposeless' in loss to Rangers
- Capitals' Orlov suspended 2 games for kneeing Jets' Ehlers
- DeBoer on Eichel ramping up, Stephenson's growth, and Vegas' resilience
- Canadiens' new GM envisions building fast, offensive-minded team
- Hurricanes roast Marchand, Bruins on Twitter after blowout win