Report: Jets expected to make 'final push' toward extending Ladd
The Dustin Byfuglien extension didn't just offer the Winnipeg Jets five more seasons of the rover's idiosyncratic contributions at a reasonable price, but ample time to negotiate the best possible trade involving Andrew Ladd, who many presumed was a casualty of the deal.
But with two-and-a-half weeks left before the trade deadline, or until Ladd's fate slips from team control, the Jets are apparently focused on re-upping the captain.
TSN's Gary Lawless tweeted Saturday the sense around Winnipeg is that Ladd isn't yet on the market, and that GM Kevin Cheveldayoff is expected to prepare a final push to retain the pending unrestricted free agent.
- Berube condemns racist threats to Kadri after initial no comment
- Thornton says he's undecided on playing future
- The battles to watch in Oilers-Flames as Calgary tries to save its season
- Barkov hopes Brunette returns: 'He did an unbelievable job'
- Gretzky Oilers jersey could break auction record for hockey memorabilia