Uber driver shares story of how Scott Darling's generosity changed a man's life
Scott Darling continues to live up to his status as a fan favorite.
The Chicago Blackhawks backup goalie was the subject of a story shared on Twitter by an Uber driver who witnessed a great act of generosity.
Darling later confirmed the story.
The goalie has been through some rough times of his own, having been kicked off the University of Maine hockey team for excessive partying and abuse of alcohol.
Last season, Darling set an NHL record in his playoff debut for the longest relief appearance without allowing a goal (67:44), as well as the most saves in relief without allowing a goal (42).
His name is now on the Stanley Cup.
- Carlsson, Ducks beat Avs to snap 8-game skid
- Report: Maple Leafs attempted to acquire Tanev, Zadorov from Flames
- Examining the Penguins' struggling power play, and other unexpected NHL trends
- theScore's 50 favorite moments of 2023: Mahomes, miracles, and a fiery escape
- Forsberg makes 39 saves, Senators shut out Kraken