PHOTOS: Maple Leafs, Canadiens take practices outdoors
On a frigid day north of the border, a pair of NHL teams laced up the skates for a twirl in the open air.
The Toronto Maple Leafs delighted fans by practicing at an outdoor rink on the east side of the city.
Meanwhile, in Montreal, the Canadiens Children's Foundation inaugurated its seventh outdoor community rink with a practice and a skate with local school children.
Despite the bone-chilling temperatures in both cities, it was likely an experience that many of the onlookers won't soon forget.
- Watch: Ovechkin passes Gretzky for most all-time road goals
- Tkachuk gets standing ovation, loses in return to Calgary
- Sullivan: Refs should've penalized Canes for 'dangerous hit' leading to OT winner
- 'Shame on us': Cooper irked Lightning took costly penalty in 3rd vs. Bruins
- Flyers edge Islanders to snap 10-game losing streak